Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 November 2012

HONG KONG HIGHLIGHTS #4 // Street Music @ Hong Kong Arts Centre


If you are ever in Hong Kong on the third Friday of a month you're in for a musical treat with Hong Kong Arts Centre's Street Music Series.

A collaboration between Wan Chai's Hong Kong Arts Centre and Kung Music Workshop, Street Music Series is a free outdoor event to showcase the different styles of Hong Kong musicians and singer-songwriters. By bringing the free performances to the streets of Hong Kong Island, organisers aim to enhance the interaction between the community and its artists.

It works; I've yet to see a greater diversity of ages and ethnicities at other Hong Kong events than I've seen at the three Street Music Series performances I've been to.

Sure, not all of the music appeals to me, (one heavy metal band made me stuff my hoody's draw strings inside my ears) but that's part of the fun: experiencing genres live that you'd never otherwise make the effort to see and appreciating first hand other people's love for that music.

Been to HKAC's Street Music Series? Got other Hong Kong music events to recommend? Leave a comment or Tweet me @chrispbone. Thanks.

PFHK

No comments:

Post a Comment