Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 January 2013

HONG KONG HIGHLIGHTS #8 // The Peak

It’s taken me four and a half months, but I’ve finally made it up Hong Kong’s most popular attraction: the Peak. Was it worth the hike?

Yes.

Overlooking the Skyscrapers of Hong Kong Island, over the bay to the densely populated Kowloon; the Peak’s views are unparalleled.

I didn’t take the famed tram up; there was a loooong queue and frankly I’ve been on the trams in Scarborough a thousand times: how different can they be?!

So, I took a taxi and arrived just as the sun was starting to set.

As I’ve now come to expect in Hong Kong, I was greeted on arrival by a hideous Shopping Centre. *I’m tempted to divert here into a moan about how commercialized and depressing it is to find Hong Kong’s greatest attractions blighted by high-rise malls, but who doesn’t love a Starbucks while they’re taking in the view?*

Anyway, it looked like this when we started:

And this when we finished:


Amazing.

Been to the Peak mall? Enjoyed the view? Leave a comment below or Tweet me @chrispbone. Thanks.

#PFHK

No comments:

Post a Comment