Search This Blog

Friday 14 September 2012

A SNIPPET of my airport diary


I was reading through my diary the other day and found a page I wrote while waiting at London Heathrow for my flight here. It made me laugh, so here you go:

Peak travel time for families so waiting area cramped with hyper kids and parents dressed in vest tops, cargo shorts and crocs, pretending to relax. 
Two boys are depserate for a £1 coin to slot into one of those mini toy dispensers that shoot out balls shaped like giant pills. Their mum is claiming poverty while sipping a Lavazza latte; good for her. 
An Indian family are counting their change to buy a second bag of starburst sweets: the Dad doesn’t look like he’ll share his anytime soon. 
Pay-to-use computers line the waiting area. No one is using them. Why don’t they make them free; at least then there would be a point to their blinking screens!?!
Good Luck texts, emails and Tweets come in slowly; they make me more nervous.
A stocky man in a white vest has three ear piercings on one lobe. His wife lounges next to him with a pair of large aztec ones (probs from New Look). I imagine hime getting home drunk and trying them on.
#PFHK

No comments:

Post a Comment